Top Prices for Diamonds in 2016 Auction Sales!
All-time records were set in 2016 proving time and again that blue and pink diamonds pulled in the highest bids.
The top sellers of 2016 auctions were as follows:
- The Oppenheimer Blue, a 14.62-carat fancy vivid blue rectangular-cat diamond fetched a world record for any jewel sold at auction, more than $58 million, at Christie’s Geneva Magnificent Jewels sale in May.
- The De Beers Millennium Blue, a 10.10-carat fancy vivid blue diamond sold for more than $32 million at Sotheby’s Magnificent Jewels and Jadeite sale in April.
- The Unique Pink, a 15.38-carat pear-shaped fancy vivid pink diamond sold for a world auction record price for any fancy vivid pink diamond, fetching more than $31.5 million at Sotheby’s Geneva Magnificent Jewels sale in May.
- The Cullinan Dream, a 24.18-carat mixed-cut fancy intense blue diamond, sold for more than $25.3 million. It is the largest fancy intense blue diamond ever to be offered at auction. It was sold at Christie’s New York Magnificent Jewels sale in May.
- A 17.07-carat fancy intense pink diamond with a step-cut sold for more than $20.7 million at Sotheby’s Geneva Magnificent Jewels and Noble Jewels sale in November.
- A 9.14-carat fancy vivid pink pear-shaped diamond sold for more than $18.2 million at Christie’s Geneva Magnificent Jewels sale in November.
Interested? Contact me today for more information,
or email: email@example.com
Specializing in Investment Grade Large and Natural Fancy Color Diamonds