The 5 Largest Diamonds In The World as of 2014- Do you know them by name?
One – The Golden Jubilee Diamond – 545.67 carats
- The Golden Jubilee Diamond is currently the largest faceted diamond in the world.
- The Diamond was discovered in 1985 in the Premier mine in South Africa.The value of the Golden Jubilee diamond is unknown
Two – The Cullinan I – Star of Africa Diamond – 530.20 carats
The Cullinan Diamond is the largest rough gem-quality diamond ever found.
- Shaped in the form of a pear, the Cullinan I is the largest of nine stones cut from the original 3106 carat Cullinan Diamond.
- Also known as the Star of Africa, the diamond has a perfect white color or a flawless D-color and its value today approaches $400 million.
Three – The Incomparable Diamond – 407.48 carats
- The Incomparable Diamond was found in 1984 by a little girl that was going through a pile of rubble from the MIBA Diamond Mine in Congo.
- Weighing 890 carats before cutting, the stone was the largest brown diamond in the world but was later reduced to 407.5 carats (81.5 g) to have fewer internal flaws.
- Fancy brownish-yellow in color, the value of this diamond was around $20 million, last known.
Four – The Cullinan II Diamond – Lesser Star of Africa – 317.4 carats
- The second largest gem cut from the Cullinan stone, Cullinan II or the Lesser Star of Africa, is the fourth largest polished diamond in the world.
- The Cullinan II Diamond is the massive flawless D-color gem in the center-front of the Imperial State Crown of Great Britain. Its value has been estimated at approximately $200 million.
Five – The Spirit of de Grisogono Diamond – 312.24 carats
- The Spirit of De Grisogono is the world’s largest cut black diamond.
- The stone was found in west Central Africa and before cutting, it weighed 587 carats.
- The precious stone is set in a white gold ring, encrusted with 702 smaller white diamonds that total 36.69 carats.
- There is no information on the whereabouts of the precious stone or the identity of its current owner.